Invictus 不可征服

Invictus——William Ernest Henley

不可征服

陳紹鵬 譯

Out of the night that covers me,

從覆蓋我的黑夜中脫離,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

黑暗猶如地獄遮天蓋地,

I thank whatever gods may be

感謝上帝所造就的一切

For my unconquerable soul.

賜予我不可征服的魂靈。

In the fell clutch of circumstance

在邪惡的魔掌中

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

我不曾退避,也不曾高聲哭泣。

Under the bludgeonings of chance

在命運的重擊下

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

我滿頭鮮血,卻依然不屈

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

不以憤怒與淚水面對處境

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

浮現的恐怖陰影,

And yet the menace of the years

和禍害我多年的人

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

他們將發現、明白我無所畏懼。

It matters not how strait the gate,

無論道路多麼狹窄,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

刑罰案卷上寫著何等罪行,

I am the master of my fate:

我是自己命運的主人:

I am the captain of my soul.

我是自己靈魂的首領。

赞(0)