Coronavirus Update/ Returning to the Office: AEI's is in the process of preparing our office for staff to return on a modified schedule, providing the City of Boston re-opening guidelines continue to move forward. During quarantine, AEI's staff have successfully worked remotely. Every staff member is equipped with the same equipment at home as they have in the office to ensure efficiency and seamless transitions between workstations. We will continue to work remotely and will provide a formal reopening date when it's available. At this time, only staff will be allowed in our space. Our contact information and policies on in person meetings and site visits remain the same as they have since early March. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Architectural Engineers, Inc (AEI) is always looking for design professionals that are passionate about design. We seek individuals who are experienced in the design of building systems for a wide variety of project types, as well as new engineering graduates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek energetic and creative people to join our team. If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com. This page is updated regularly, check back often for specific opportunities and job descriptions.
Electrical Engineer Co-Op08-02-2021
AEI is a 33-person, women-owned engineering firm located in downtown Boston. We are currently looking for a student to join our team of MEP/FP professionals as an electrical engineering co-op. The position reports to our electrical department head and we are looking for an individual currently studying electrical engineering or architectural engineering with the intent of pursuing a career in building-systems engineering.
The AEI co-op program exposes students to practical and real-time engineering challenges on public and private projects deliverable to our clients in the federal, state, municipal, academic, higher education, academic laboratory, healthcare, R&D, and government industries.
- Collaborate on select electrical and interdisciplinary projects.
- Apply practical and creative solutions to project currently in design
- Receive feedback and best practice training from seasoned experts in the field
- Assist with developing drawings in CADD and BIM as required by the client
- Accompany staff members to local site-visits as needed
- Participate in all phases of electrical design including project conception, site visits, construction documents and construction administration
- Collaborate on technical details with all building disciplines.
Please send resume and references to Jeffrey Manning, PE, LEED AP firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently enrolled as a student in electrical engineering or architectural engineering at an accredited university with a sanctioned co-op program
- Relative comfort level participating in in-house and client meetings
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, and Revit
- Participation in company meetings and staff events
- Take advantage of available resources by learning from peers in other disciplines
- Apply engineering education to work product
- Regular progress check-ins with department head
- A minimum of six-months commitment during regular working hours as allowed through university co-op program
- Attention to detail
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, while setting priorities and managing competing demands.
- Positive attitude and genuine interest in building industry
- Team player