Coronavirus Update/ Returning to the Office: AEI now IMEG is in the process of preparing our office for staff to return on a modified schedule, providing the City of Boston re-opening guidelines continue to move forward. During quarantine, AEI now IMEG's staff have successfully worked remotely. Every staff member is equipped with the same equipment at home as they have in the office to ensure efficiency and seamless transitions between workstations. We will continue to work remotely and will provide a formal reopening date when it's available. At this time, only staff will be allowed in our space. Our contact information and policies on in person meetings and site visits remain the same as they have since early March. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Architectural Engineers, Inc (AEI) now IMEG is always looking for design professionals that are passionate about design. We seek individuals who are experienced in the design of building systems for a wide variety of project types, as well as new engineering graduates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek energetic and creative people to join our team. If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com. This page is updated regularly, check back often for specific opportunities and job descriptions.
Mid-Level Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer12-01-2021
AEI now IMEG is a 35-person engineering firm located in downtown Boston. We are currently looking for an entry to mid-level plumbing and fire protection engineer to join our team of MEP/FP professionals. The position reports to our plumbing and fire protection department head and we are looking for a technical professional interested in becoming an integral member of the plumbing and fire protection engineering department. The desire to pass the FE and PE exams as time and experience allows highly preferred.
- Perform multiple roles ranging from engineering design, construction document production, site visits and client interaction
- Assist with production of concept and feasibility studies.
- Interact with clients, prime consultants, end users, contractors, utilities, and vendors as required
- Coordinate technical details with all building disciplines.
- Learn new technologies as required to perform engineering work, which may include cutting-edge industry practices.
- Produce calculations including hydraulic calculations, gas load calculations, pipe sizes, water heater sizing, etc. (utilizing appropriate software).
- Participate in applicable client- and peer-based professional organizations.
Please send resume and references to James Shannon, PE, LEED AP firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the design of plumbing and fire protection building systems
- Knowledge of engineering software: Hydracalc or Hass
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam, Newforma, AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks
- Solid understanding of building codes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, while setting priorities and managing competing demands.
- Positive attitude and genuine interest in building industry
- Ability to integrate quickly
- Team player