Coronavirus Update/ Returning to the Office: AEI's is in the process of preparing our office for staff to return on a modified schedule, providing the City of Boston re-opening guidelines continue to move forward. During quarantine, AEI's staff have successfully worked remotely. Every staff member is equipped with the same equipment at home as they have in the office to ensure efficiency and seamless transitions between workstations. We will continue to work remotely and will provide a formal reopening date when it's available. At this time, only staff will be allowed in our space. Our contact information and policies on in person meetings and site visits remain the same as they have since early March. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Architectural Engineers, Inc (AEI) is always looking for design professionals that are passionate about design. We seek individuals who are experienced in the design of building systems for a wide variety of project types, as well as new engineering graduates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek energetic and creative people to join our team. If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com. This page is updated regularly, check back often for specific opportunities and job descriptions.
Senior BIM Coordinator07-31-2020
Architectural Engineers is seeking a senior BIM coordinator with a minimum of eight years experience in the MEP/FP or architecture fields. This person will provide leadership, drafting and modeling support for the entire 30-person office. This position requires proficiency in Autodesk software, specifically AutoCAD and Revit. Candidates must have a minimum of eight years experience providing BIM execution oversight, model management, model QC, and VDC support.
- Provide CAD drafting/BIM modeling and design support (MEP/FP)
- Coordinate and manage BIM projects
- Oversee development of Revit families and CAD blocks
- Coordinate CAD/BIM-related tasks with department
- Review all work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with standards
- Coordinate with client BIM standards
- Collaborate with CAD staff on BIM/CAD standards development, implementation and enforcement
- Develop and maintain comprehensive CAD User Manuals and BIM Protocol’s documentation
- Instruct and train all BIM/CAD staff
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensures compliance with the approved BIM Execution and BIM Scope Plans
- Assemble composite design models for coordination meetings
- Facilitate use of composite design models in design coordination/clash detection meetings and provides detection reports by the identification and resolution of all hard and soft collisions
- Coordinate BIM file exchange and archiving of milestone submittals
- Eight+ years of Revit and AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with BIM360
- Understanding building architectural and engineering drawings
- Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Design Visualization applications such as Autodesk 360 (Cloud Rendering), 3D Studio Max and Navisworks
- Ability to articulately convey (verbally, visually, graphically) digital design concepts to design and delivery professionals with varying levels of understanding
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to work from home or office as needed