Coronavirus Update/ Returning to the Office: AEI's is in the process of preparing our office for staff to return on a modified schedule, providing the City of Boston re-opening guidelines continue to move forward. During quarantine, AEI's staff have successfully worked remotely. Every staff member is equipped with the same equipment at home as they have in the office to ensure efficiency and seamless transitions between workstations. We will continue to work remotely and will provide a formal reopening date when it's available. At this time, only staff will be allowed in our space. Our contact information and policies on in person meetings and site visits remain the same as they have since early March. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Introducing ACEC's 2021-2022 Volunteer Leadership05/18/2021
To the ACEC Community,
It’s my pleasure to introduce our 2021-2022 Chair Robin Greenleaf and the members of our Executive Committee.
Robin is Chief Executive Officer of Architectural Engineers, Inc. in Boston, MA. She has served as President of ACEC Massachusetts and is a PAC Co-Champion. She holds a BS in Civil Engineering from Oregon State University and an MS in Structural Engineering from Drexel University.
Robin has been active in ACEC National for many years, serving on our Executive Committee in 2009-2010 and recently chairing our Government Affairs Coordinating Committee. Earlier this year, she testified before a House Small Business subcommittee on the severe impact of the FAR Credits Clause on engineering firms with forgiven PPP loans. This is an issue that Robin knows extremely well as a small firm leader who works with public entities and took advantage of the PPP loan program during the pandemic. She is also a past chair of our Coalition of American Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
She takes the Chair’s gavel during a challenging year and has set out a focused agenda:
- Win relief from the FAR Credits Clause for forgiven PPP loans;
- Advocate for passage of a comprehensive infrastructure package;
- Strengthen ACEC National’s relationships with the Member Organizations;
- Develop a strong three-year budget through a comprehensive vetting process; and
- Support the development of the new Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee
Robin has a strong Executive Committee with which to work:
- Chair-elect W. Art Barrett, II, Senior Vice President, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Senior Vice Chair Gary Raba, President, Raba Kistner, Inc.
- Treasurer Matt Hirst, President and CEO, CRS Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Vice Chair Ed Alizadeh, President, Geotechnology, Inc.
- Vice Chair Michael Cooper, President, Harley Ellis Devereaux
- Vice Chair Gary Hartong, President, The Wooten Company
- Vice Chair John Rathke, Principal, Mead and Hunt
- Vice Chair Melvin Williams, Vice President, S&ME
- NAECE President Beth Bauer, Executive Director, ACEC/Indiana
- Immediate Past Chair Charles Gozdziewski, Chair Emeritus, Hardesty and Hanover
I look forward to working with all of them to strengthen both our industry and federation.
Linda Bauer Darr